On Sunday 04 August 2002 17:59, Dominique Devriese wrote: > Maybe it would be nice to have some example usages of this lib. I > must see i really don't see an example of a program sending something > via IM to a non-KDE program. Therefore, I'm inclined to think of this > as internal to KDE, and KDE can do what it wants... Will KDE get you a Jabber account behind your back for its 'internal to KDE' stuff? Or will KDE force you to get yourself a Jabber account first before you can use this 'internal to KDE' stuff, regardless of whether you already have an ICQ or MSN account? Needless to say I object to both, since we already have code that makes this unnecessary. It's not that there's no alternative in this case that we pick a solution that's readily available instead of a to-be-developed application. Sure, Psi is a bit more mature, but Kopete isn't that far off. And offers a whole lot of other options that make it IMSNHO far more usable. > By the way, you are aware of the fact that you can talk with other > protocols through jabber, right ? And the fact that those bridges often don't work because the bridging server is blocked by another protocol's server, yes. Martijn