List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Missing Home Button in KFD
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-07-22 18:05:59

On Monday 22 July 2002 10:47 am, Thomas Zander wrote:
> So I don't care what the 'correct' definition of auto is. You may be right
> that it has to do with timing. I will rephrase my 'complaint' as; Changing
> things the user did not expect is not good.

Instead of having multipe orthogonal options put on top of each other maybe we
should replace options like "enable sidebar" with "mode 1" // "mode 2" //
"mode 3". That way we can design each mode to be a consistent and usable UI
on its own and we will not suggest to the user that only the sidebar will
change.

Bolting feature on top of feature on top of feature leads to a crap UI because
of the poor thought out interaction between the features. Example: horizontal
scrolling in combination with a sidebar and a preview sucks beyond believe.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
bastian@kde.org  |   SuSE Labs KDE Developer  |  bastian@suse.com