On Monday 22 July 2002 18:22, Matthias Ettrich wrote: > > Make that two for removing it. I did not know about this double click > > "feature" until now and I agree that it's braindead and very confusin= g if > > it happens by accident. > > The fact you didn't notice it (after 5 years of using KDE and probably = more > years of using Windows or CDE) is a strong indication that it does not > happen by accident. The reason that I did not notice it in 5 years probably is that I never e= ver=20 use that menu at all. > There is little point in removing it, unless you deliberately want to > confuse the portion of users that expect it to be there. I see your point but I guess we should try to find out what causes more=20 confusion, newbies accidentially closing applications or power users miss= ing=20 a beloved feature. Perhaps we should disable it in CVS for a while and se= e=20 how many flame mails come in. Comparing the number of bug reports to the=20 number of flame mails of course would be anything but representative give= n=20 the limited "test set". It still might result in a good guess? > Doubleclick for closing Windows has been a standard with many window > managers, including Windows 3.x, mwm and CDE. Before the 'x' button, it= was > the fastest way of closing windows. Even standards are revised from time to time. Greetings, Matthias