On July 14, 2002 17:33, Till Krech wrote: > Hi, > > I discovered a problem in QXEmbed (kdelibs/kdeui/qxembed.cpp). > QXEmbed is now also used by the java applet server and the nspluginviewer. > > Problem: > http://www.shockwave.com embeds several flash movies. Although > QXEmbed::embed() is called, the movies are not always embedded but appear > in a toplevel window managed by the windowmanager. > > I think that this is the same problem why applets are not always embedded > when running konqi under sawfish/gnome. > > The trick is, to retry to XReparentWindow the window for up to 50 times > with slight delays (usleep(1000)) and look if it has already the required > parent with XQueryTree. > > Could you please look at the attached patch, if it solves the problem or if > it is just a workaround. Some Xlib knowledge required. This works very well for me. Please commit to cvs, at least until a proper solution can be found if this isn't the best approach. (I dont' see anything wrong with it though) -- George Staikos