List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kreatecd and k3b moved to kdeextragear
From:       Klas Kalass <klas.kalass () gmx ! de>
Date:       2002-07-03 18:13:56

Am Mittwoch, 3. Juli 2002 19:07 schrieb Helio Chissini de Castro:
> Hi
> Please, don't touch in cdbakeoven...
> It's ok move kreatecd, koncd because is too full od cdrecording programs,
> but cdbakeoven is too usefull and one of the best interfaces that i saw in
> Linux, resembling some good windoze programs, like Nero to mention one..
Well, that is your personal opinion. I for one would have voted for kreatecd
if there were elections as I never was exposed to Windows CD burning tools
and do not like the interfaces I saw :)

And that is exactly the reason why it needs to go into the extra gear as well:
The authors did not get together and so all applications have to go out of
the main KDE Distribution. We cannot say to all that they have to leave and
then let the last one stay. That is not fair. And there is no such thing as
the one "perfect" cd burning interface.

> And im using them with CVS head as my main recording tool..
Well, that is nice to hear and I hope that it encourages Alex to continue work
on it in the extra gear. Because if noone maintains it it has no place in the
extra gear either, which would be a shame.

Greetings,
Klas