List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Proposal for KControl
From:       Charles Samuels <charles () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-06-29 22:01:20

Here's a more complete structure.

I've renamed several things, and moved things around.  I'm also trying to
eliminate tabs somewhat.  I believe it makes it too hard for users to find
what they want.

Perhaps we might want to put some modules in multiple categories?

+ Peripherals
  - Mouse
  + Keyboard
    - General
    - Shortcut Keys
  - Printer
  - Digital Camera
  - Scanner
+ File Browser
  - Behavior
  - Appearance
  - Previews
  - File Types
  - Quick Copy Plugin
  - Audio CD Browsing
  - FTP Browsing
  - Windows Shares (Samba)
  - File Share
  - CGI Applications
  - Icons
+ Sound
  - Soundserver
  - System Bell
  - Mixer
  - MIDI
+ Web Browsing
  - Encryption
  - User Agent
  - Cache
  - Cookies
  - HTML
  - Fonts
  - Java
  - Javascript
  - Plugins
  - Proxy
  - Web Shortcuts
+ General
  - Wallpapers
  - Colors
  - Screensaver & Power
  - Fonts
  - Appearance
  - Themes
  - Localization and Language
+ Window Borders
  - Focus
  - Actions
  - Movement
  - Decoration
+ Desktop
  - Icons
  - Appearance
  - Directory Paths
+ Panel
  - Taskbar
  - Arrangement
  - Appearance
  - Menus

Stuff that should just go to its own application, and out of KControl forever
[?]
	Email
	Konsole
	Address Book
	Spelling Correction
	Window Manager->Advanced

Stuff that I'm not sure what to do with:
	SOCKS
	Component Chooser
	Password
	Session Handling
	Date and Time
	Login Handler
	Startup Indication (half could go to the taskbar...)

Some that are gone now, but still actually exist.
Accessability
	- split between keyboard, mouse, appearance, etc
Display Power Control
	- moved to General/Screensavers and Power
Font Installation
	- moved to General/Fonts
Netscape Plugins
	- moved to plugins