List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Problem with build system and multiple versions of automake
From:       Matthias Welwarsky <matze () stud ! fbi ! fh-darmstadt ! de>
Date:       2002-05-23 15:18:08

Hi,

it seems that the support for multiple installed versions of automake/autoconf
(as described in Waldos mail) is at least partially broken. More precisely,
if you modify a Makefile.am and just type "make", it just executes
"automake", not "automake-1.5" or the like. This just happened to me when I
changed kdelibs/khtml/Makefile.am to have it compile the java subdir
unconditionally. After "make" in khtml, I changed back to the topdir, issued
"make" and it complained that automake 1.5 was not installed.

Any idea where to look for that?

regards,
	matze