Hi, Once on a beatiful day Sunday 19 May 2002 18:44, Bernhard Rosenkraenzer w= rote: > Better yet, use prelink, it's a much cleaner solution. What is prelink and how does it differ from objprelink? > > exchange kdebase's startkde with startkde from: > > http://www.kde-look.org/content/files/1332-startup.tar.gz > Don't. Read the script in there. It's broken, and actually decreases > startup time by failing to initialize things (due to the missing kdeini= t > stuff, application startup will take much longer with that script). It is broken, so do not use it, unless you want to test it, but that is n= ot=20 supported, but it certainly does not make apps load slower, in fact it do= es=20 the opposite. My kde starts much faster when using this script, in fact t= he=20 script from KDE_3_0_1_RELEASE is very slow, it takes over one and a half=20 minute to load.I have been using this new script and it starts in 15 seco= nds=20 and konqueror starts like ie in windows (circa 4 sec.), but when using=20 kdebase's startkdei takes at least 45 sec. I have completely no idea why = this=20 is, but it is that whay. --=20 !: Piotr Szymanski | LinuxPL Dev. Team Member | KDE i18n-pl coordinator @: djurban@linuxpl.org | The website is coming=20 #: GG: 2300264 | ICQ: 12622400=20 %: "bo jesli ktos sie modli Pan Bog w nim oddycha" - ks. Jan Twardowski.