List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: GCC 3.1 - even slower compilation and relocation
From:       Piotr Szymanski <djurban () linuxpl ! org>
Date:       2002-05-18 9:22:19

Hello,
Once on a beatiful day Friday 17 May 2002 23:27, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> It breaks the startup order. Some things have to happen before other
> things. E.g. kde applications need to have an up to date ksycoca database,
> so before starting any application you must start kded to ensure that
> ksycoca is up to date.
I have a question, it may be lame, but it is quite logical. I am using this
modified startkde script, and kde loads extremely fast and so do the apps
(konqueror loads as fast as ie under windows, and kmail faster than outlook),
what does this script have that the offical script does not, or rather, what
makes it work that much faster? And is it possible to make the offical
startkde script work as fast?

--
!: Piotr Szymanski | LinuxPL Dev. Team Member | KDE i18n-pl coordinator
@: djurban@linuxpl.org | The website is coming