On Friday 17 May 2002 22:28, Piotr Szymanski wrote: > This is total bogus! Although compilation takes much time, kdebase compil= ed > with gcc-3.1 on my Duron 800 as long as with 2.95 I compared compilation times between gcc 2.95 and some gcc3 HEAD versions=20 several times, and now I used the 3.1 release version to find out if my=20 results are valid for it, too. Each time, compilation times with 3.1/HEAD=20 were about twice as long as with 2.95, and I don't see any numbers at all=20 from you. Still you call my numbers "total bogus", and I have to say I don'= t=20 believe you. I did only try qt-copy right now, but I don't see why this=20 should be different for kdebase. But if your compilation times are really=20 equal for 2.95 and 3.1, then I'd like to find out why they aren't for me. D= id=20 you do anything special?