On Friday 17 May 2002 01:59 pm, Piotr Szymanski wrote: > Hello, > > Once on a beatiful day Friday 17 May 2002 22:35, Waldo Bastian wrote: > > I would appreciate it if you wouldn't advice people to use such a broken > > setup. We don't support objprelink because it gives problems, and the > > startkde file on kde-look is wrong in many ways. > > Well, works for me, I think that it is at least worth to try it, if it do= es > not work, than you get rid of it, but okay, I will not advice anyone to u= se > it, there is no sense in telling begginners to use an unstable/broken > feature. But since there are no begginners at kde-core-devel it is safe > post here. But I will remeber not to tell the users to use it. > BTW. Would feel like writing what is wrong in the modified strtkde to > djurban@linuxpl.org, please? I would just like to know out of curiousity. It breaks the startup order. Some things have to happen before other things= =2E=20 E.g. kde applications need to have an up to date ksycoca database, so befor= e=20 starting any application you must start kded to ensure that ksycoca is up t= o=20 date. Cheers, Waldo =2D-=20 bastian@kde.org | SuSE Labs KDE Developer | bastian@suse.com