List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Fwd: Handling of Bugs
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2002-05-15 5:51:54

I agree with those points.

Subject: Handling of Bugs
Date: Wednesday 15 May 2002 01:08
From: Jörg Mayer <jmayer@loplof.de>

please forward this to the list if you think the mail is relevant.

  Jörg

------------------------

Having reported/opened a few bugs and having looked at some bug
reports before opening I've come upon two things that I'd like
to comment on (aka criticize :-)
1) When you close a bug, please indicate which release version
   is likely to contain the fix (I just wanted to report a bug
   and found that it was fixed and closed on March 8th, but
   I'm still seeing the bug in kde 3.0, so does opening a bug
   report make sense?)
2) When you close a bug as a duplicate, please indicate of which
   bug this is a duplicate. I've had one of my bugs closed as
   a duplicate but even after searching for that bug, I haven't
   found it. I've also seen a few more bugs that were closed as
   duplicates without me being able to find the original one.

   Ciao
          Jörg
--
Jörg Mayer <jmayer@loplof.de>