On Wednesday 08 May 2002 20:53, Waldo Bastian wrote: > On Tuesday 07 May 2002 08:49 am, Klas Kalass wrote: > > So, to summarize: > > KDE release will be regarded as a KDE Distribution with all the polishing > > necessary (including application selection) and including all modules minus > > kdenonbeta and kdeprime. kdeprime will be the module for all release-ready > > apps that are not part of the official KDE and are released separately, but > > take advantage of the KDE development process. > > > > If this idea is accepted as a solution I will take care of this module and > > work on the automation. Help and suggestions will of course be very > > wellcome > > Sounds like a good idea. I suggest to number this module so that we can have > more than one. It's a pig to work on anything autoconf related in kdenonbeta > because it's way too big and takes ages to build a new configure. That's what create_makefiles is for, but your point is valid for the case where the new app needs an own configure check. > kdeprime as > name sounds good to me. (That would become "kdeprime-1" then.) After looking > at the other modules I think that a maximum of 15 applications per module is > a good number. "prime" basically means "quality", right? Feels a bit strange to me to call separate apps "quality" - what does that imply about the "core" KDE modules? ;-) What about "kdeapps"? -- David FAURE, david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~david/ Contributing to: http://www.konqueror.org/, http://www.koffice.org/ KDE, Making The Future of Computing Available Today