On Sunday 05 May 2002 02:03, Waldo Bastian wrote: > > You snipped the part about sophisticated users being able to find wha= t > > they want w/out it being in the "core" packages. Do you disagree wit= h > > that? > > I don't believe in the whole notion of "core" packages. IMO the only co= re > that we have is kdelibs (for apps/developers) and kdebase (basic runtim= e > environment) and everything else is "apps" in my book. I strongly disagree here. IMO it is important for KDE to ship a set of=20 "standard" applications. It is very nice to just know that kmix or kcalc = are=20 there when you see a KDE desktop. Just like I can be sure standard tools = like=20 grep, sed or bc are there when I install a Linux distribution. > Application selection is done at install time and your software vendor = will > be able to provide you with a selection of various "*core* distribution= s". Did you actually install SuSE recently? ;-) I bet users never ever make i= t to=20 the dialog where you can select single packages. Most people just select=20 "KDE" in stage two which gets them kdelibs, base, multimeda, ... Greetings, Matthias