List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    state of the smbro ioslave
From:       aleXXX <alexander.neundorf () gmx ! net>
Date:       2002-05-01 21:27:28

Hi,

since some days the smbro (formerly smb- read only) ioslave is able to write
to the remote host (i.e. mkdir, del, put). Therefor a patch has to be applied
to smbclient (http://lisa-home.sourceforge.net/smbclientpatch.html). Current
samba cvs and the upcoming samba 2.2.4 will contain the patch.

It now supports the following url's:

smb:/  -> list the workgroups
smb:/group/ ->  list the hosts
smb:/group/host/ -> list the shares
smb://host/      -> list the shares

The write support and the support for teh first three url's is still very new
and not much tested, so it may contain bugs.

So, we have now two read-write smb ioslaves.
I don't know which one is installed by default.
From my experience the libsmbclient ioslave still has more problems and is
slower (yes, indeed, I did not expect this).

Bye
Alex