List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Gnome Article on UI Design on /.
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () olympusproject ! org>
Date:       2002-04-23 22:30:10

hi...

it is REALLY great to see so many people interested in usability issues on
this list. some interesting suggestions were made, as were some less than
interesting ones ;-)

i'd just like to remind everyone that there is a kde usability project and
that the project can always use more hands to actually DO stuff. i'd also
like to point out that the project is alive and producing results.

currently we are working on the kicker kcm ... we still have a ways to go on
it, but are making great progress ...

if you would like to help improve usability in kde, please feel free to join
our efforts. note that the usability project isn't a place to dump feature
lists or write hundreds of emails with pie-in-the-sky dreams and rhetoric,
but actually a place to code, rework interfaces, perform usability testing
and discuss practical usability guidelines for KDE as it appears in CVS.

take care =)

p.s. i'm not trying to discourage usability discussions on this list and
elsewhere. in fact, i'm very happy to see them. rather, i'm attempting to
_also_ encourage greater buy-in to the usability project.

--
Aaron Seigo