List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: ?Two Certificate Managers? (Re: regarding KPF)
From:       Marc Mutz <Marc.Mutz () uni-bielefeld ! de>
Date:       2002-04-22 20:00:52

On Monday 22 April 2002 19:33, George Staikos wrote:
<snip>
>     I wrote the KDE SSL code, and I don't care about the state of the
> OpenSSL licence.  I don't have issues with the clause that says I must
> explicitly give credit to the original author of OpenSSL, which to my
> knowledge, is the only offending clause.
<snip>

IANAL and I don't want to heat this discussion up again, yet I want to report
that I was told by people (GNUs) on CeBIT that dynloading OpenSSL might be
considered linking and thus might make us violate the GPL, since OpenSSL
isn't GPL compatible. I'd like to hear what other people think about this,
though, since I can't really say anything about that.

Andreas?

Marc

--
Marc Mutz <mutz@kde.org>