List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Proposal for app for kdeutils: KConvert
From:       Andy Fawcett <andy () athame ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-04-14 10:21:17

On Sunday 14 April 2002 09:22, Scott Wheeler wrote:
> On Saturday 13 April 2002 05:42 pm, David Faure wrote:
> > One thing to take into account about the "benefits" : I don't see
> > how this app benefits non-US non-UK users (except those who travel
> > ;)
> >
> > Anyway, wasn't there a kunit or such, which supported all
> > conversions done by "units", i.e. with a much broader scope?
>
> What about taking this code and working it in to KCalc (note: I
> haven't looked at it or the KCalc code)?  My TI-85 and TI-89 both do
> unit conversion -- it would seem to fit into the idea of a scientific
> calculator and wouldn't add an extra app.  Whereas adding an app for
> just a couple of countries might not be merrited, a couple of
> functions probably wouldn't hurt.

Hmmm, yes, I'd not considered this. My ancient Casio also does some
conversions, and it's sat at the side of my keyboard for (mainly) that
purpose.

To have this functionality in KCalc might be the best place for it :)

--
Andy Fawcett      |   "In an open world without walls and fences,
andy@athame.co.uk |      we wouldn't need Windows and Gates."