On Sun, Apr 14, 2002 at 02:18:02AM -0400, Scott Wheeler wrote: > Also, just out of curiosity, is there any reason that this wasn't done as a > KConfig module? Ooops, I missed that question in my previous answer. There are two reasons: - We thought the GUI would be too complex for a kcontrol module, which already lives under certain size constraints (window size wise) - We didn't want to launch kcontrol, etc. in the standalone mode. KXConfig also works when there is no X11 running (and no XFree86Config installed) . In that case it performs probing through ddcprobe and XFree86 -configure and then starts a minimal X with itself and twm as window manager. Simon