On Monday 08 April 2002 20:55, Simon Hausmann wrote: > On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 07:53:38PM +0200, Nikolas Zimmermann wrote: > > It actually is, just not "visible" for the user. But during the > > compiletime the icons (in future, for example all kde icons are > > svg, to make it easier for artists) are converted from svg to png. > > So we'd need that in kdelibs, somehow. > > > > You understand me? > > But if the intermediate goal (for say the 3.x range) is to have .svg > as source format and to get an svg icon set compiled (rendered) into > a .png based icon set at build time, then why is there a need to > have libart and all that stuff in kdecore? There isn't. If it's just used at buildtime, it should be a self-contained tool, not built in to kde at all. Putting it in libs is just pure bloat. When we get real-time rendering of svg icons, that's a different matter altogether. Andy -- Andy Fawcett | "In an open world without walls and fences, andy@athame.co.uk | we wouldn't need Windows and Gates." tap@lspace.org | -- anon