List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kwin] Re: Fwd: KDesktop patch - usefull?
From:       Cristian Tibirna <tibirna () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-04-08 12:48:27

On Monday, 08 April 2002 06:54, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> On Mon 8. April 2002 12:27, David Faure wrote:
> > What do people think about this feature?
> > Anyone willing to make a config option for it?
> >
> > From: Jason Keirstead <t126r@unb.ca>
> > To: faure@kde.org
> >
> > I wrote this little patch and I think others would find it extremely
> > usefull as well. It duplicates the functionality in E whereby if you
> > scroll the mousewheel on your desktop, it switches virtual desktops
> > either backward or forward depending on the direction.

Such a functionality has definitely nothing to do with kdesktop. KDesktop
doesn't even know if there are many desktops or not. The functionality should
be implemented in kwin. We shouldn't abuse dcop for things that can be done
with traditional coding. I doubt, as Lubos says, that it's of any use for
people other than those using focusUnderMouse (which I believe are rare). But
I will see what I can do about it and try to implement it correctly. It's in
my TODO.

CT