List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: [RFC] Ext2 Attribute KPropertiesDialog Plugin
From:       Alex Zepeda <jazepeda () pacbell ! net>
Date:       2002-04-07 10:23:35

On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 08:18:36AM +0100, Matthias Welwarsky wrote:

> If you extended your plugin to display and set POSIX ACLs, I'd say
> pretty much everybody will use it.

Well (extended) attributes and ACLs don't really belong in the same plugin
IMO.  Just because one is often times used to implement the other doesn't
mean beans.

> kdeaddons without support for POSIX ACLs, kdebase with.

I agree POSIX ACL support should be in kdebase.  However, given the wide
variety of attributes (system flags, extened attribs, etc) these should go
in fs specific plugins IMO.. kdeadmin wouldn't be much of a stretch, altho
I suppose kdeaddons isn't a bad place either.

- alex