List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kreateCD -> kdenonbeta
From:       Thomas Pfeiffer <planet_express () gmx ! net>
Date:       2002-03-30 17:43:50

Am Sam, 2002-03-30 um 13.35 schrieb Thomas Zander:
> On Sat, Mar 30, 2002 at 12:37:50PM +0100, Holger Freyther wrote:
> > Am Saturday 30 March 2002 15:25 schrieb Hetz Ben Hamo:
> > > Umm, there is at least 1 more "competitor" in the CD Create area -
> > > cdbakeoven...
> > >
> > > I think there should be some kind of decision which one of them will go
> > > into the KDE CVS. Both "competitors" are already ported to QT-3/KDE-3..
> > >
> > > I would vote for the cdbakeoven (http://cdbakeoven.sourceforge.net) since
> > > it's seems to me that its GUI design is the most easiest one for a Linux
> > > newbie and for some people who don't understand CD recording at Linux at
> > > all..
> > Ok when the koncd discussion started I proposed the following.
> > Put all competitors into kdenonbeta. Let them evolve until let's say 2 Weeks
> > before KDE3.1 then we will test them and decide which one to use.
> >
> > IMHO not only usability counts. For me it's important how the application
> > integrates into KDE and how the developer is intergrated into the developer
> > community.
>
> That can be done without importing as well.
> Just subscribe yourself to the various MLs and listent to the different
> applications-authors for yourself. Did you also consider that the author
> should actually want to put it in CVS ?  In other words; what do they say?

Does a mailingslist for cdbakenoven exists out there? I can't find any.
I mailed Alexpod about it yesterday but he didn't answer yet (maybe he
is out to find some easter eggs, hr hr hr).

> IMO cdbakeoven looks better then most others.  (But the name is terrible)

Agree. It looks nice (besides the icons...) and has a good handling too.
I will also have a deeper look at k3b in the next days, cause it looks
powerful too.

Thomas