List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: PATCH: kio_http re-POST problems on connection failure
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-03-30 21:48:04

On Saturday 30 March 2002 09:35 am, Dawit wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is a patch to fix the problem frist reported by Lars where kio_http
> fails to re-post data properly if the connection with the server is severed
> after sending the header.  It will correctly attempt the re-connection, but
> it does fails to send the data when the current request was a POST.
>
> I want to apply this patch to the KDE_3_0_BRANCH ; so everyone that had the
> said problem, please test and let me know if there is a problem.

When m_bUnauthorized is true, the POST data will not be cleared, but I think
there are code-paths possible where the POST data will never be cleared in
that case.

I suspect that the POST data should be cleared around line 2803 as well, after
the getAuthorization() call returned false. And possibly others.. e.g. line
2719, when we do
	error( ERR_UNSUPPORTED_ACTION, "Unknown Authorization method!" );

Alternatively, the post buffer should be cleared in
HTTPProtocol::resetSessionSettings, although I'm not quite sure if that would
be enough in the webdav case.

Cheers,
Waldo

--