List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Theming manager [was: Re: KDE 3.1]
From:       Torsten Rahn <tackat () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-03-29 19:06:22

Am Freitag, 29. März 2002 19:09 schrieb Fabian Wolf:

> Personally I don't like having configuration apps all over the place.
> Everything that's configurable should be placed somewhere in kcontrol.

Usually I would agree with you but in this case it's different :-)

1.)
KControl has already evolved into a kind of graphical registry that will only
be touched by more experienced users.
For an end-user it just looks easier to start a thememgr than to start
kcontrol to install a theme.

2.) a kcm-module that changes and affects the settings of other kcmmodules
would be quite irritating usability-wise....

Greetings,
Tackat