List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Theming manager [was: Re: KDE 3.1]
From:       Alexander Kellett <kelletta () eidetica ! com>
Date:       2002-03-29 16:23:29

On Fri, Mar 29, 2002 at 07:13:29PM +0100, Torsten Rahn wrote:
> > Just some small input, i'd really like to see it easy to make the icons
> > follow the current theme in some way, i.e, if you have blue toolbars then
> > you could have blue icons and on mouseover normal. To summarize, icon
> > effects theming would be really nice.
>
> Hm, iconeffects already do allow this.
> But what you are probably asking for is some kind of Meta-theme-functionality,
> right? or do you want an option "colorize to match widget background" in the
> iconeffect-module?

Yup, thats exactly what I meant :), something that wraps around everything else
and provides "icon effect themes" would probably be the best. The fact that
colourized icons are currently so difficult to set is also quite annoying, so
if not meta themeing for iconeffects, then at least a small "set colourisation
colour" dialog would be nice for iconeffects - currently it needs to be done
independantely for every icon type (though luckily not mimetype :) ).

Which reminds me, any chance of getting the Nautilus-like d&d colours and
emblems at some point?

thanks,
Alex