List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Burning as konq extension, once again [was: Re: KDE 3.1]
From:       ian reinhart geiser <geiseri () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-03-29 13:21:47

Dcop services are also another option.

Seeing as you can only burn one CD at a time, at least one CD per burner,
haveing a central service that manages this makes sense.  i wrote a simple
service as a demo that takes in a list of files, makes an iso image and burns
it.  It was not very pretty but it works very nice.

Advantages:
	You can access this service safely from any application via dcop
	Management is in a central area
	We dont have 1000 interfaces to the same x tools, we can add the features
		as plugins to the main dcop service
	No BIC issues to worry about
	DCOP is cool ;)

Disadvantages:
	None I am narrow minded ;)

Actuallly the only real disadvantage is you have to write frontends to this
service, so you will have two processes instead of one.

Just my 2c

- -ian reinhart geiser