List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Theming manager [was: Re: KDE 3.1]
From:       Alexander Kellett <kelletta () eidetica ! com>
Date:       2002-03-29 11:20:43

On Fri, Mar 29, 2002 at 11:38:49AM +0100, Daniel Molkentin wrote:
> Yes, I think this is a good opportunity to start work on our long awaited
> centrlized theming manager.

Excellent!

> rought TODO list:
> - Extend the current kcmstyle preview to be more flexible.
> - basically rewrite kcmcolors, kcmfonts(?), kcmthememgr and kcmwindecroations
> and marry it with kcmstyle.

I guess that means we'll get win decoration previews?

> - make the stuff usable as a whole. Export settings to .themerc files.
> - of course, we can take the functionality if kcmsplash into it, too.

Just some small input, i'd really like to see it easy to make the icons
follow the current theme in some way, i.e, if you have blue toolbars then
you could have blue icons and on mouseover normal. To summarize, icon effects
theming would be really nice.

thanks,
Alex