On Fri, 2002-03-29 at 02:01, Marc Mutz wrote: > _callbacks_?? Why not using signal/slots? > method_stub().async().whenFinished( myReceiver, SLOT(mySlot( myReturnType ))); Oh, forgot to write about this one -- slots would really be more Qt-ish, but I cannot simply connect to the myReceiver's slot and emit a signal(returnType), since returnType varies (it's a template) - and the signal names are predetermined at compile time. The best I could get is emitting a SIGNAL(finished(returnValue)) - which still couldn't be connected to a SLOT(slotFinished(int)). Can I possibly call a given slot in a QObject manually, with given parameters? I guess it is possible if moc does it. I'll research into it.