List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDirWatch still causes crashes
From:       Michael Brade <brade () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-03-26 9:35:23

On Tuesday 26 March 2002 09:22, Josef Weidendorfer wrote:
> On Monday 25 March 2002 17:10, Michael Brade wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > There's still a bug in KDirWatch: go to ..../tmp/test/folder with konqy
> > and then do an "rm ..../tmp/test". Konqy crashes with the attached bt and
> > the following console output:
> >
> > kio (KDirListerCache): KDirListerCache::removeDirFromCache
> > file:/home/michael/tmp/test
> > kio (KDirWatch): Removed Dir /home/michael/tmp/test/folder [KDirWatch-1]
> > kio (KDirWatch): Removed Dir /home/michael/tmp/test [KDirWatch-1]
> > KCrash: crashing.... crashRecursionCounter = 2
>
> Sorry, I can't reproduce it. Do you have a backtrace?
> Is this with FAM, and was ..test/folder watched, too?
> Because of the delayed watching of KDirLister, I think I need the browsing
> history too ;-)
Ahh, I see. Open Konqy (will be /home/michael for me), go to tmp, go to test,
go to folder (so all the three are watched). Open a konsole, go to tmp and
type "mv test new" -> crash. Carsten mentioned to recompile something but it
didn't help yet (I recompiled kdelibs/kio after the last kdirwatch commit and
konqy).

--
Michael Brade;                 KDE Developer, Student of Computer Science
  |-mail: echo brade !#|tr -d "c oh"|s\e\d 's/e/\@/2;s/$/.org/;s/bra/k/2'

KDE 3.0: Konquering the Desktops