List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: ksycoca brokenness
From:       Alex Zepeda <jazepeda () pacbell ! net>
Date:       2002-03-23 0:11:15

On Fri, Mar 22, 2002 at 08:21:20PM +0000, Rik Hemsley wrote:

> #if Waldo Bastian
>
> > Hell, how insane is that.. returning -1 for "void *" Shouldn't we
> > also test for 0 to be on the safe side?
>
> Probably.

What about testing for MAP_FAILED?

From the man page out here:

RETURN VALUES
     Upon successful completion, mmap() returns a pointer to the mapped
     region.  Otherwise, a value of MAP_FAILED is returned and errno is set to
     indicate the error.

(Yes I know that MAP_FAILED is defined to ((void *)-1) out here, but on
systems where it returns 0, MMAP_FAILED might be defined to zero, no?...)

- alex