List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 3.0 - the last steps
From:       Maks Orlovich <mo002j () mail ! rochester ! edu>
Date:       2002-03-22 4:54:08

On Wednesday 20 March 2002 06:32 pm, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Its time to identify the remaining showstoppers that need urgently be fixed
> before KDE 3.0 release, besides the lack of a 3.0 splash screen of course.
>
> So please reply with things that need to be fixed before 3.0 release.

A few visible buglets, probably not critical, but might be under "Nice to
fix", and certainly for the 3.0.1 branch: The icon size handling in Konqueror
seems to be somewhat broken. Selecting the "Technical" icon theme, which
defines "scalable" icons, results in one having unusual icons sizes
(everything in between 16 to 22, etc.) available,
so the small/medium/large/huge menu items don't do what they claim to.
Also, the huge action is not disabled when 64x64 icons are not available..
I'll try to look at the code tomorrow, time permitting, but if anyone has
suggestions/guidance I would appreciate it, as I am not familiar with the
relevant APIs...

Thanks,
Maks Orlovich