On Wednesday 20 March 2002 07:52 am, Havoc Pennington wrote: > I really think it's bizarre to display Comment as an application > name. Especially when it's previously documented on this list as a > tooltip, and surely that was the original intent since it's called > Comment. > > How about this: > > Name: the application name, e.g. Mozilla > GenericName: e.g. Web Browser > Comment: tooltip > > So we would run the s/Name/GenericName/ sed job, and you guys could > run the s/Comment/GenericName/ sed job, and then we both need to add a > missing third field. But I don't see a way around everyone having to > add a missing third field anyhow, since we all have only two fields > currently. > > Havoc This is to confirm that KDE 3.0 will indeed use the above scheme, and wil= l be=20 introduced in KDE3RC4 (it's not in RC3). Most of our desktop-files will n= ot=20 have a Comment field as a consequence, but I guess that's not a problem.=20 Where appropriate, some desktop files still have a "Comment" entry. Owen, do you think you can include this in the Desktop Entry Standard and= ,=20 including the changes that we disussed earlier, publish this as v1.0? Cheers, Waldo --=20 bastian@kde.org | SuSE Labs KDE Developer | bastian@suse.com