List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kcmshell unusable for system-wide config modules
From:       Lukas Tinkl <lukas () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-03-13 8:01:26

Dne út 12. bøezen 2002 19:38 Stephan Kulow napsal(a):
> On Dienstag, 12. März 2002 17:17, Lukas Tinkl wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I consider this very a severe bug... start e.g. kcmshell kdm and try to
> > figure out your way... there's no way.
>
> Haem? You can read it and you can start kdesu kcmshell kdm to change.
> That has been that way since KDE 1.90 - at least. I can't see what you
> describe as bug.
>
> Greetings, Stephan

Well, if the same dialog in Control Center displays an "Administrator mode"
button, I thought we should stay consistent here and do the same. After all,
what is that Ok and Cancel button good for in this case? And the Defaults
button doesn't work as expected either, it allows you to change the kdm's
logo and even enables the Apply button then. What is to apply in this dialog?
I find this behavior at least very confusing.

--
Regards,
Luká¹ Tinkl