List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: [PATH] KURL
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2002-03-12 16:08:27

On Tuesday 12 March 2002 16:54, Frerich Raabe wrote:
> On Tuesday 12 March 2002 01:44, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> > On Mon, 11 Mär 2002, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > > I think you try to say here that in your opinion the bool that Frerich
> > > proposed isn't the optimal solution? Yes, I agree with that. An enum
> > > would be better.
> >
> > Great.
>
> Third revision attached. Feel free to come up with better names.

Shouldn't "I want a trailing slash" be an adjustment flag too?
Ok, that wouldn't be consistent with the other calls using a similar bool,
but if in the long run we want to get rid of all those bools...
But then we'll have one set of flags, and some calls that only accept
some of those flags (StripFileProtocol doesn't make sense for path() etc.).
Hmm, so maybe have a different set of flags, later, in which case your
enum should be called something like ProtocolStrippingFlags or something
like that ;)

The comment about merging looks strange to me. The suggested API
is a source incompat change... Why not let the adjustment flag
be the 2nd param already now (with a int _trailing as first param, w/o default value),
so that the merging is actually possible?

http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~david/, http://www.konqueror.org/