List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kpm status?
From:       Neil Stevens <neil () qualityassistant ! com>
Date:       2002-03-12 15:56:51

On Tuesday March 12, 2002 07:42, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Tuesday 12 March 2002 03:31 am, Neil Stevens wrote:
> > What's the status of kpm?  Is it abandoned, or just being removed from
> > kdeutils?
> >
> > I'll be happy to package it up and give it a home if it needs a new
> > one.
>
> It's unmaintained, has poor design and due to that it currently needs a
> lot of work and it is very much Linux only and is not easily portable to
> other OSes.
>
> If there are things that were in kpm but that are currently missing in
> ksysguard then I think it is more worthwhile to start adding those
> features to ksysguard (for 3.1 of course) then to try to keep kpm alive
> IMO.

Well, if this is the prevailing view, it'd be best just to remove kpm from
kdeutils entirely, and I'll just stick it on www.freekde.org/neil/kpm or
something.  I'm not going to be able to get around to rewriting the thing.

The reason I prefer kpm to ksysguard is that ksysguard is too big and
featureful to be efficient for the 5 seconds at a time I run kpm.  Adding
features to ksysguard from kpm won't fix that.

--
Neil Stevens - neil@qualityassistant.com