Hetz Ben Hamo wrote >> Monday March 18th, 2002: Preparing RC 3 >> >> 3.0 RC3 tarballs are made and uploaded, which incorporate the CVS >> changes since RC2 tarballs. Remaining showstoppers are identified. >> >> Thursday March 21th, 2002: Decision about 3.0 final > >Wouldn't it be a good idea to have another public beta? > >last few days there were pretty scare in the amounts of bugs that were f= ound >and fixed, and most distributions aim to put KDE 3.0 as the default desk= top >enviroments and the last thing we need to have is a problematic release = (you >never know what a bored end-user will descover...) After RC1, we discovered a whole lot of new bugs -- and fixed them. This=20 hasn't happened with RC2, which should be an indication that the code is=20 already stabler. But I agree we should have a public release. What I just don't agree is t= hat=20 it should be a beta. Maybe we can publicly release the RC3 (i.e., tell=20 Slashdot, because the tarballs are public already). The fresh new pairs = of=20 eyes will surely report bugs. The question, then, is what to do. Those bugs will also be public, which = would=20 mean we would have to fix them, not put back to 3.0.1. /me realises he didn't come to a conclusion :-) Just my 0.13F (0.02 euro) --=20 Thiago Macieira - UFOT Registry number: 1001 thiagom@mail.com ICQ UIN: 1967141 PGP: 0x8F2978D5 and 0xEA9037A5 (PGP 2.x) Registered Linux user #65028