List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    fucking amazed
From:       Uwe Thiem <uwe () uwix ! alt ! na>
Date:       2002-03-09 19:26:48

Just finished to compile a recent CVS snapshot (not really RC2 but close to
it). I must say I'm not just satisfied by its performance and reliability and
overall usability but I'm fucking amazed by it!

Since I didn't participate in developing KDE 3 I rather take a user's stance
on this and thank everybody for doing such a superb job!

There are some minor annoyances and I know I should dive into fixing them. But
I'm pretty tired and dizzy right now due to a drug I have to take.

Skip to </rant> if you aren't interested in my personal reason not to do that.

<rant>
On Tuesday, I turned out to be alergic to the world so to say. From animals
with furs (how about mankind? forgot to ask my doctor about that) or feathers
to mould (including the one on camembert). From all grasses to all trees.
Also, of course, house dust mites. Without settling in the middle of the
desert Namib (suggestion of my doctor), I have to take this drug (Ketotifen -
no, not the medicament but the drug itself, and yes, sounds like a KDE apps
;-) there isn't much else I can do other than take that drug. I've slept
since 10:30 this morning. I have never been able to sleep past 08:00 since I
came to Namibia - at least not during summer.

They state that the sleepiness will only occur for a coupla days. I definitely
hope so!

</rant>

In the light of this amazingly smooth trans9ition, I do not understand the
thread on kde-core-cevel and kde-devel about the "failure of KDE 3" at all.
As a precaution, I backed up ~/Mail and ~/.kde but nothing got corrupted.
Everything went through. Thanks again to those who did the job!

Uwe