List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    KDE 3.0 Planned Features
From:       Rob Kaper <cap () capsi ! com>
Date:       2002-03-09 17:01:52

Half of our planned features are still listed as "In progress / works mostly"
instead of "Finished" on the 3.0 Planned Features list on
http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/kde-3.0-features.html

Can the responsible developers please take a look at this page again and work
on these areas with uttermost priority? We cannot possibly aim for a release
when half of the planned features apparently are not labeled as finished.

We might also benefit from a "planned bugfixes" page, listing showstopper
bugs. Right now many developers do not know what the exact status is of the
3.0 release and what goals there are for bugfixing in what areas. Especially
near a release it is very important that all developers are informed on the
status of the KDE project, so I urge everyone to:

- keep kde-3.x-features.html as up-to-date as possible
- create a kde-3.x-showstoppers.html (and keep it up-to-date)
- update the release plan often and do not release the next RC until the
  issues on beforementioned pages are fixed

Unless there is large opposition, I will create the showstoppers page and hope
we will populate it with the real problems that currently exist. We should be
very strict about these pages, they are the only sane guideline to prevent
new features from creeping in and the only sane method to inform all
developers of the real status of KDE releases.

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
cap@capsi.com | temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."