List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: [BUG] server names starting with a dot -> freeze
From:       Rolf Magnus <ramagnus () t-online ! de>
Date:       2002-03-08 2:02:41

On Monday 04 March 2002 10:48, Thiago Macieira wrote:

> I've done some investigation and it seems that the error isn't happening in
> the ioslaves. I've traced the hanging problem in the ioslave side to the
> select in SlaveBase::dispatchLoop, which means that the slave isn't
> receiving any more data, aside from being loaded.
>
> Since this seems to happen to any applications, I'd venture to guess the
> error is in the master's side. Probably in libkio. I'll investigate further
> this afternoon.
>
> Note: do not use Alt+F2 and type the URL there. That'll hang kdesktop with
> a grabbed keyboard. Instead, I've found that opening a Konqueror window,
> which is easy killable, is easier to trigger the problem (and recover from
> it).

I'm not sure if this is already fixed now (all people I asked confirmed it).
If not, this bug is IMHO a serious issue and should really be fixed before
release. If you click on such a link in kmail, it also freezes, so anyone can
just make fun of people by sending them a mail with such a link. Same goes
for web pages if you click on one of those links, or any other place in KDE
where you can "run" a url.