List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: another issue with RC1
From:       Rolf Magnus <ramagnus () t-online ! de>
Date:       2002-03-08 1:56:55

On Friday 08 March 2002 02:39, Dirk Mueller wrote:

> On Die, 05 Mär 2002, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> > to kdesktop. They have the size of 4 icons and have the tendency
> > not only in the way but also not go away when I'm in a completly
> > different way.
>
> Yes, unfortunately they don't inherit from QToolTip so they don't work
> correctly :/

They originally did. And they went away immediatley, before someone replaced
the QToolTip derived one with something own.

> Also the colors are screwed badly if you use a color sheme with a white
> text color (i.e. CDE color sheme).

This also was the case when it was a QToolTip, which was an issue with the
color schemes, because the text color for tool tips is fixed to black and the
background to yellow, but rich text automatically uses the default text
color, so if it's white, you'll get white text on yellow background as soon
as you use rich text. A (imho a bit ugly) workaround would be to add a <font
color="black">...</font> to each table cell in the text. But better would be
if tool tips would use the default text color and an extra user-settable
color for the background.