List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: logout dialog
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-03-07 15:24:48

On Thursday 07 March 2002 15:50, Thomas Zander wrote:

> > > nonsense. to logout you would have to press alt-ctrl-del and enter. how
> > > big is the probability that you do this accidentally? let's not get
> > > paranoid.
> >
> > Definitly. I hate these dialogs that try to keep you away from yourself.
>
> Then don't show the dialog. (kcontrol -> system -> session manager)
>
> Its just like the quit in an application that will ask you if you want the
> changes to be saved; it defaults to save, not to quit without save. Are you
> arguing that that changes as well?

It's only poping up if I have unsaved changes. It doesn't when I don't have
any. And in that case, the Save default makes sense.

But if I leave the desktop, I want to leave it and there is this dialog that
asks me if I really want to and I can cancel if I don't want to. You say
"better UI" and I think it's "schema F".

Greetings, Stephan