List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: logout dialog
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2002-03-07 12:50:36

On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 12:48:16PM +0100, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> On Thu 7. March 2002 11:10, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> >  Hello,
> >
> >  could this
> > http://webcvs.kde.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/kdebase/ksmserver/shutdown.cpp.dif
> >f?r1=1.21&r2=1.22 please get reverted? It's very annoying, and I see no
> > reason for this change. It prevents simple Ctrl+Alt+Del , Enter from
> > working (the chance that somebody presses that unintentionally is next to
> > zero), and hitting the logout button is quite complicated.
> >  I also wonder why the logout button says either 'Logout' or 'OK' depending
> > on whether one is allowed to do shutdown or not (local vs remote login).
>
>  Damn, sorry, the URL above doesn't point to the change I meant. It should be
> http://webcvs.kde.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/kdebase/ksmserver/shutdown.cpp.diff?r1=1.23&r2=1.24
>  Simply the one changing the default button and claiming it's better UI.

Funny; the change is that that checkbox is not the one with focus anymore, so
now pressing enter or space as soon as you enter the dialog means that you
cancel the logout; before it meant that you toggled the checkbox.
Logging out in both cases meant to click the button or press ALT-L

Logout is quite a desctructive action; please don't make that default.

If you want a simple logout, just adjust your settings to don't show the dialog
in the first place.