List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: completion bugs
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () olympusproject ! org>
Date:       2002-03-07 2:00:44

hi..

> the source of this fallout.  But principle is principle and no new features
> means just that.  Otherwise the feature freeze we are in is meaningless.

exactly. 3.0 isn't the end of the KDE world ... there will be a 3.1 ... and
achieving stability on schedule is ONLY achieved by following schedules ...

> enabling/disabling completion modes.  It is a very unnecessary overhead.

the overhead is pretty minimal in this case (two static bools and a couple of
checks of one of them whenever the backspace key is pressed) ... i do think
it is an unecessary and overly intricate feature, and one that i hope to
never see in a kcm. think about it: how would you explain that feature in a
way that the average user could understand in 5 words or less?

> Anyways, in all of this I forgot to say one thing.  Thanks Antonio for
> doing a great job on this. I truely like what you have done for the most
> part :)

yes, the last fix is working great ... and it does look awesome, no doubt
about it .. =)

--
Aaron Seigo