List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: completion bugs
From:       Rolf Magnus <ramagnus () t-online ! de>
Date:       2002-03-05 23:08:12

On Tuesday 05 March 2002 21:41, Martijn Klingens wrote:

> Heh... my father always double clicks on each and every object on the
> screen, including hyperlinks and icons on the task bar in Windows, whereas
> my mother always tries the single click first and only tries double click
> if that doesn't work.
>
> For my mother the KDE behaviour would be *much* better, for my father it
> would probably be a total disaster.

The question is if KDE should be "compatible" to the bad habit of double
clicking everything (no offense against your father intended) just because
Windows trains users to do so or if it should better try to be consistant and
logical, even if this means to do it different than Windows.
I vote for the latter.