List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: completion bugs
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-03-05 16:15:23

On Tuesday 05 March 2002 17:03, Rolf Magnus wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 March 2002 16:39, Antonio Larrosa Jim=E9nez wrote:
> > 1) You've gone many times to www.kde.org/whatever.html because that's
> > an interesting page.
> > 2) You're now in www.kde.org/somethingelse.html
> > 3) You want to go to whatever.html again.
> > 4) You select somethingelse.html and press backspace
> > 5) With the new autocompletion you just have to press Enter (because
> > whatever.html will be shown in grey)
>
> If I remove somethingelse.html from www.kde.org/somethingelse.html, I'd
> expect to come to www.kde.org/ and not to www.kde.org/whatever.html, ju=
st
> because that was the page that I last visited before somethingelse.html=
=2E
> Needing to press <esc> to get what I entered doesn't sound right to me.
That is the reason why backspace does no completion right now. Because
you expect it to. But you can see where it goes to and it's just one Del =
press
away to kill it's suggestion. Just like if you had started with www.kde.o=
rg/,
then it would also suggest whatever.html, but you would kill it with Del =
go to www.kde.org

Greetings, Stephan