On Sunday 03 March 2002 04:02 pm, David Faure wrote: > Right. But for full "server push" support we need the parts to be adapt= ed > anyway, so that they are able to render the data progressively. Sure, but the part can already do that with the current API. Maybe some f= lag=20 in the .desktop file to indicate whether it supports streaming would be=20 helpfull. > For instance if one uses katepart with an internal (or external) ioslav= e > that never terminates sending data.... nothing will ever show up. I thi= nk > the API above makes it more explicit what is expected from the part. It doesn't? Strange, I am pretty sure Kate actually has (had?) some suppo= rt=20 for streaming. > The solution of internal-IO-slaves is nice too though, for sure. No cha= nge > in API, no change in the part, and many new possibilities offered. > And indeed if the parts are made to support progressive loading, then t= here > is no more need for the streaming API in KParts. Now I'm undecided ;) Heh :-) Cheers, Waldo --=20 Advanced technology only happens when people take a basic idea and add to= it. -- Bob Bemer