List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Delay the release
From:       Rolf Magnus <ramagnus () t-online ! de>
Date:       2002-03-03 15:12:24

On Sunday 03 March 2002 14:47, Stephan Kulow wrote:

> > I'm not trying to speak for Rolf Magnus, but he has expressed concern

Ok, I'll speak for myself then ;)

> That's again the issue with the schedule be known before. But we were
> pragmatic before with such issues.

I know it's my fault, and I really don't want to be the cause for a delay.
OTOH, I started it together with Carsten Pfeiffer, but he seems to have had
too much other work to do, which means I was alone with it. And since this is
actually my first "public" api, I had trouble with some decisions to keep it
simple and very flexible, wich is harder than I thought.

> We mark this as experimental in 3.0 and
> break it for 3.1, as long as noone is using it, changing BIC is no problem
> :)

Hmm, define "noone". Does it actually mean "noone outside of KDE"? It's
currently used in konqueror and the noatun tag editor.

> --
> life is too short to make mistakes

damn... to late ;)