List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Root Certificate integration of DFN-PCA
From:       Alex Zepeda <jazepeda () pacbell ! net>
Date:       2002-03-03 10:43:50

On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 01:31:14AM +0100, Michael Matz wrote:

> So I think we validly only can say to someone wanting to get their root
> cert into kde "no, we don't trust you".  But hiding behind legal arguments
> is wrong.  That is, I'm in favor of giving no reasons (other than "we
> simply don't want") to giving invalid reasons.  And I'm in favor of trying
> to actively help to establish our trust in interested parties.

I think that the legal issue is a completely valid argument.  Common sense
has never been a requisite for filing anything with the courts.

However, think of this.  By not adding arbitrary certificates, there's a
market for value added reseller who has the resources (think leenuchs
distribution here) to do a more in depth check to sell KDE complete with
additional trusted certificates.

- alex