List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: PPC issue w.r.t. libartsc (and sometimes kcontrol modules)
From:       Kevin Puetz <puetzk () iastate ! edu>
Date:       2002-02-28 17:53:09

ian reinhard geiser <geiseri@yahoo.com> wrote:
>Actually this fixes A GREAT MANY things on the PPC.  Ever wonder why some
>python, perl and php modules never worked?  It turns out some of them suffer
>from this too.  At least it fixes my problems I have been haveing with PyQT,
>I have to test the python bindings.  I should check to see if Mandrake and
>SuSE are doing something similar to this because some of there packages work
>but the stuff I build by hand never seems to work right...

Debian at least had this kind of stuff partially patched in all over, but not
in the general case (fixing libtool to not screw it up in the first place).
I've been running this on x86 for a while now with no ill-effects, and you've
confirmed it does good things for ppc...

So... I guess I should commit it :-). Is there anything special to be done to
handle the admin dir (since it's replicated all over) or do I just commit to
kde-common and magic happens?

--
Kevin Alan Puetz
(515)572-0927